The Library supports the research, learning and public programs of the Museum, and also welcomes external researchers.
Access is by appointment. Please use the contact form to make an appointment.
- Our holdings are available on Trove.
- Researchers are asked to sign an access and usage agreement.
- External researchers may not borrow directly from the Library.
- We accept written requests for copies. Please use the contact form to make such a request.
- Researchers have access to Royal Society of Queensland Library, which is housed in the Queensland Museum Library. Proof of membership of the Society is required for borrowing rights.
- Copying is available for a fee, within copyright or other restrictions; and according to the condition of the material.
The Library participates in national and international Interlibrary Lending with records on Libraries Australia, and complies with the principles of the Australian Interlibrary Resource Sharing (ILRS) Code.
- We accept requests from libraries by telephone, post, fax, email (email@example.com), or LADD.
- Payment is acceptable by the LADD payments scheme, ALIA ILL Vouchers, cheque or credit card.
- Delivery is available by email, post or fax.
- Current contact details and supply policies are available in the ILRS Directory.
- The main catalogue is available on Libraries Australia.
Information about the Library collections can be found at the Library Collections page.
The Queensland Museum Library holds the library of the Royal Society of Queensland and maintains a full set of the Society’s journal. The Proceedings of the Royal Society of Queensland was established in 1884 and publishes on multidisciplinary scientific topics.
Purchase of individual issues and subscription:
Contact: Royal Society of Queensland
Postal address: PO Box 6021, St. Lucia QLD 4067
Purchase of individual papers:
Contact: Queensland Museum Library
Telephone: +61 (0)7 3840 7688
Facsimile: +61 (0)7 3846 1226